200 μg, total per day of selenomethionine, minimum 3 months
- A decrease between 20% and 63.6% in anti-TPO marker was observed
2000 IU, total per day, minimum 6 months
- It has been demonstrated that low levels of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D is related to thyroid auto-immune diseases like Hashimotos
- Vitamin D has been shown to decrease concentrations of thyroid peroxidase and thyroglobulin antibodies
- Vitamin D has been linked to a decrease in thyroid autoimmunity in Hashimoto’s thyroiditis treated with levothyroxine. The impact is more significant for thyroid peroxidase than thyroglobulin antibodies
- The combination of Simvastatin and vitamin D supplementation had a stronger effect in reducing concentrations of thyroid peroxidase and thyroglobulin antibodies then vitamin D supplementation alone
Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis)
6 g, total per day, minimum 24 weeks
- Preliminary research shows that Cordyceps sinensis may balance the proportion between helper T cells and cytotoxic T cells
- In addition, Cordyceps sinensis may contribute to a significant decrease in anti-TPO antibodies in Hashimoto’s thyroiditis patients
Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this web site. Information provided on this web site and the use of any products or services purchased from our web site by you DOES NOT create a healthcare provider-patient relationship between you and any of the healthcare providers affiliated with our web site.
Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.