2.5 to 3 mg, total per day, minimum three weeks
- Increase in sleep quality was observed without adverse effects
- During the withdrawal period of melatonin, carryover of the effect on sleep latency time was observed on the following night
- Improvement in sleep onset latency, sleep-wake patterns, and delayed sleep phase syndrome
- The lowest dosing of exogenous melatonin is recommended in order to mimic the natural physiological circadian rhythm of melatonin
320 mg, total per day of magnesium citrate, minimum 7 weeks
- Improvement of PSQI score, which includes improvements in sleep quality, sleep onset latency, sleep duration, sleep disturbance, daytime dysfunction, and hypnotic drug scores
- In addition to improving PSQI score, magnesium reduced early morning awakenings
Valerian Root Capsules
1060 mg, total per day, minimum 4 weeks
- Improvement in sleep quality and overall effectiveness observed in clinical insomnia
- Reduction in sleep latency was observed in a concentrated extract of a 5.3:1 ratio
Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this web site. Information provided on this web site and the use of any products or services purchased from our web site by you DOES NOT create a healthcare provider-patient relationship between you and any of the healthcare providers affiliated with our web site.
Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.